Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bee progress

My recent "Sew la Tea" block for the Sew Out Loud QAL was inspired by this block:
Which I made for Smoochee in the Pastiche Bee on flickr. Her theme was Alice in Wonderland and I couldn't resist creating a Mad Hatter toppling tea cup stack, which eventually led to my "Sew la Tea" block.
Also pictured are a few "sketches" for Pastiche. I have fallen a bit behind with all the procrastinating I have been working so hard at.
Exhibit a.)

I had all good intentions of submitting this drawing for the Spoonflower Fabric8 contest, unfortunately I procrastinated to the point of  missing the deadline.....by a good nine hours...oops.

Here are a few more complete Pastiche blocks which I will be getting in the mail tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to!

6 comments:

  1. Your original teacups are such a favorite of mine, I just love that block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know what the name of that newsprint fabric is...that is fabric isn't it? or is it really newspaper? I love newsprint fabric, but I've had a hard time finding any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie- it is Authentic Newsprint from Sweetwater/Moda. Sadly it is near impossible to find. Go to Etsy and search for text fabric in supplies, there are some great ones out there that aren't so hard to find!!! Good luck. I love newsprint fabric too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the newsprint fabric in Peak Hour? Adorable! Check it out at FQS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love-love-love these! You are so talented and I'm so happy to call you a dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete